Victoria E-tailing sites, to help you SELL online
If you are in the retail sector, you are probably considering (or have considered) a path into e-retailing (or just "e-tailing"). While the initial threat appeared to be from pure dot-com plays, now the threat is other retailers using their websites as another retail store location, always open, always there.
While the cost of a website, with e-commerce capabilities is not cheap, it is nonetheless cheaper than a new retail location. While a web presence does not require payments of high rents to prime shopping mall locations, there are a number of other costs to consider.
Many of the basic rules of retail also apply to e-tailing. You need good product, a good location, a comfortable shopping environment, and good promotion. With a well-panned e-tail location, you'll get a profitable mix of customers. Here are some helpful tips and checklists:
- eFutureCentre (Alberta government)
- Building Brands on the Web: An Old Game with New Rules building customer relationships (Inc.com)
- Marketing a Low-Budget Service Site do-it-yourself tactics (Inc.com)
- Nine Ways to Market Your Site for Pennies (Inc.com)
- e-Business Relevancy Self-Quiz (Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC))
- Ebusiness Trade Roadmaps (Industry Canada)
- E-Commerce Readiness Assessment (Web Commerce Today)