Victoria Internet Advertising, a growing media sector
This section will discuss a number of issues relating to business advertising and the use of various media
Internet advertising is a new medium to reach consumers. There are millions of consumers surfing the 'Net, in a demographic group your business may be trying to reach. Internet advertising is cost-effective, measurable, and allows you to react quickly to changing market conditions.
Internet advertising for web sites adds one key advantage: proximity of the advertising message to the desired action. Getting the consumer to end up on your web site requires exactly one mouse-click. This does away with the need for "old media" measurements of "frequency" and "reach", needed to create strong branding, so important for getting customers into a store at a later time, because where/when they see an ad and shopping in the store are so far apart.
Here are a number of resources for online advertising:
- Internet Advertising Burueau (IAB)
- Internet Advertising Bureau of Canada
- Internet Advertising Report (IAR)
- ClickZ newsletter
- Ad Resource
- AdRelevance (by MediaMetrix)
- BannersSuck (for editorial balance)
- Canadian websites accepting advertising (CARDmedia)
- Casale (a banner advertising agency)
- Doubleclick.ca (a banner advertising agency)